Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Falling in Love with Fall

It’s fall again. My favorite time of the year. School, football and the holiday season are upon us.

I love the pumpkin lattes, the gingerbread Just a Bite Cake Pops and anything else with snowflakes or tinsel. This season always feels like family. It feels like a movie on a rainy Tuesday, or a football game on a Monday night. The tourists have gone home and I can reclaim my beach city. Nothing about fall isn’t delightful, except maybe the threat of California fires.

With that being said, this year was a bit different. I sent my eldest daughter off to Kindergarten. I miss her already. I miss knowing what she is doing, seeing who she is playing with and I miss having lunch with her every day. This may be a bit dramatic, but it seems like the beginning to a whole lot of not seeing her. She will be going to school for the next 13 years, and hopefully after that, she’ll be off to college. It seems like a long way off, but man, it seems like it’s just around the corner.
 
At least she's still young enough to enjoy crunching the leaves under her feet and picking out a costume for her favorite holiday. Maybe I'll order myself some Halloween Just a Bite Cake Pops and head off to the pumpkin patch while I still can, her little hand in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment